History

HISTORY

STRUCTURES | SERVICES | SOLUTIONS

Meyer was first established in 1927 as Meyer’s Machine Shop, when Louis Meyer purchased a small machine shop in Red Wing, MN. Acquired by sons Roy and Gordon in 1939, Meyer Machine Company served as a steel fabrication government subcontractor during World War II, and focused on round steel lighting poles and safety climbing devices after the war. Under the leadership of Roy Meyer, the company branched out into stadium and area lighting in the 1950s, eventually expanding to transmission structure design and fabrication in 1957 as Meyer Machine, Inc.